Our Favorite Books!
Class Read-Alouds =
Log in: First name.last firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding your way around the library...
Trash Scavenger Hunt
2nd Graders from D2 & G1 wondered if they might find trash on the ground at Hale Kula.
They set out to answer these questions:
1. What will we find?
2. Where will we find it?
3. What materials will we find?
4. Are these materials recyclable?
Watch the slide show. Notice what they found.
What is the problem?
What can we do to solve the problem?
We have learned that the call number is the book's address.
The call number helps you find the book on the shelf.
We stood at the non-fiction shelves and learned the "reading" the call numbers on the shelves is just like reading the lines right here--from left to right and down to the next row, left to right and down to the next row.
You are ready for the next step!
1. Using the "Library Locator" on your table, find a topic that interests you.
2. Take a shelf marker and walk to the shelf to find your call number.
3. Find one book on this topic and bring it to the computer to record the title and call number in the VoiceThread.
username: first name.last email@example.com
My name is: __________________________
The title of my book is: __________________
The call number is: ______________________